1. B.--Siegel and Schuster created Superman.
2. A.--Richard Henry Dana wrote Two Years Before the Mast based on his navy service.
3. C.--The only English language Baedeker guide to Russia was published in 1914.
4. B.--The 1863 riots in New York City were born of opposition to the military draft.
5. C.--Rome is the Eternal City.
6. B.--Five Points was a notorious NYC slum, about where City Hall Park is now.
7. D.--The Woolworth Building was tallest in the world from 1913-1930.
8. B.--Richard Halliburton swam the Panama Canal.
9. D.--All of the above. By 1900, machinery had largely taken over from handcrafting.
10. D.--Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone had a much smaller print run than the others listed.
11. G.--All of the above, of course.
12. B.--The part of the dust jacket that wraps around the covers to the inside.
Thanks to all who participated and stay tuned for our next quiz contest in the fall!